Application and Database Support Engineer Fintech SQL
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Application and Database Support Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known Global Investment Manager they currently have £140 Billion under management.
The Applications Support & Database Engineer will be responsible for providing support to a range of front and back office applications, working on a variety of planned and ad hoc projects, assisting with change and release management and working with development teams to resolve on going issues.
Daily you will provide application support to a large professional environment, including the patching and upgrading of systems, importing and exporting of data internally and externally, monitoring of errors and faults within the applications, debugging errors and faults and escalating to development or software vendor.
There will be an expectation of having hands on experience with the applications and understanding the business processes while also doing some development to implement changes and fixes to the applications.
You must also have strong technical abilities working with databases in both MS SQL and MySQL and be able to perform complex troubleshooting, maintenance and migration tasks. It will also need to have knowledge and practical experience of data warehousing support.
Day to Day the Engineer will:
• MySQL and T-SQL Database support and maintenance.
• 3rd line technical support and maintenance of in-house and out-of-box applications.
• Improve and support integration between the various applications.
• Improve and support the business workflows within the applications.
Application Support Engineers must have:
• 3 years commercial experience of Application Support or Database Administration
• PHP 5 OOP
• MySQL 5
• Windows Server 2008/2012
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
• FIX messaging for trading applications.
• Shell scripting with bash.
My client is based in Central London
FIX, SQL, DBA, App Support, Application Support, XML, SQL, Excel, Implementation