Application Support Engineer Fintech SQL
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is the world’s leading market portfolio risk analytics software businesses.
The primary purpose of the Application Support Engineer is to provide technical support of implementations across the fund market. This role will be suitable for candidates who have worked on database technology products and have previous consulting support or implementation experience of around 2 years.
You will be responsible for running your own projects as well as working closely with presales.
• Be responsible for promoting and expanding the use of applications within the business ensuring users are employing the systems correctly and effectively including, but not limited to:
• Understanding technical solutions and implications
• Perform lead role in resolution of major system outages ensuring communication to all business stakeholders
• Serve as a liaison between clients and Professional Services team for specific project deliverables.
• Create report templates in accordance with client requirements and defined best practices using SQL
Application Support Engineers must have:
• 2 years commercial experience of Application Support or Implementation / Configuration
• Degree in Comp Sci, IT or Maths
• 3rd Line App Support Experience
• Experience Client facing
• Microsoft SQL Server based skills; in areas such as DBMS architecture, design, tuning, PL/SQL
• Excel Data manipulation
• Ideally Crystal Reports
• Ideally a background in financial technology or front office technology
This role suits someone from a software consulting or application support background that is looking to take on serious responsibility. You will also have to sign an NDA due to the close proximity you have to funds very important IP. We are looking for consultants who want to take ownership of products and take considerable responsibility and the bonus that goes with that.
My client is based in Central London
App Support, Application Support, XML, SQL, Excel