Application Support Engineer – Fintech SQL
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an application support engineer to join our high profile client.
My Client is an independent financial software development firm that has developed a unique proprietary front office software solution for the Investment Banking and Asset Management sector.
You will work with clients very quickly and gain experience in a particular investment banking niche. The Application Support Engineer will work with top tier developers and architects and utilizing the latest technology to implement a system that is used by Portfolio Managers, traders, and credit analysts. The position will include the support, implementation, testing, and management of new and existing client installations. This position requires specialized technology skills including SQL query writing, reporting writing, and a strong understanding of XML technologies, some of which can be learned on the job.
You will be involved in:
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members (Developers, Implementation Specialists, Account Managers, etc.) to enhance products and services
• Influence the growth of the product using feedback from clients and solutions you have implemented while working on client environments
• Provide technical expertise during the deployment and upgrade of their software
• Provide post go-live configuration work and development to enhance customer environments
• Propose departmental initiatives to help improve our process and team goals
Application Support Engineers Must have:
• A degree from a reputable university in comp sci or technology
• Advanced SQL Server T-SQL skills
• In depth understanding of join types, sub queries, functions, stored procedures, optimization. There will be a SQL test.
• Experience of application support
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Enthusiasm for technology and finance
• Some experience of with XML/XPath/XSLT technologies – or the ability to rapidly learn
This role suits a driven young candidate looking to move products forward in the financial IT space. My client offers face to face exposure to the banking sector and a lot of responsibility. This is a move for someone who likes the idea of an entrepreneurial company.
My client is based in London
Application support, SQL, XML, Support, Implementation Fintech