Business Intelligence Engineer
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a technical Business Intelligence Developer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known global fintech business specialising in disrupting global financial data
The BI developer will work on ongoing database requirements and a new data warehouse project.
What the Business Intelligence Engineers will be doing:
• Assist in preparing reports and compiling data from multiple business systems including, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Great Plains, Netsuite, Google Analytics and the company’s own bespoke databases.
• Assessing quality and suitability of source data
• Ensuring that all reports and data are accurate and presented clearly and concisely to allow easy interpretation and analysis.
• Create and maintain relevant business intelligence tools and systems including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs as needed.
• To assist in the investigation of any identified data integrity issues.
• Interpretation and analysis of collated business data as and when needed.
Business Intelligence Engineers Must Have:
• 4 years commercial experience of Business Intelligence
• Degree in Comp Sci or Similar
• Substantial experience in a similar role.
• Strong Skills in the following; T-SQL and Management Studio (2008 R2 and 2012) , Relational Database Design, SSRS, SSIS , Visual Studio
• You will consider yourself innovative.
• You like to keep on top of new technologies and methodologies.
• You are passionate about the reports and analysis you produce and are proud to deliver this information to all levels of the business.
• Have strong attention to detail and be meticulous in reviewing large data sets.
• You will be a team player with strong communication skills – able to identify priorities as well as risks within your own and others’ projects.
• You will be inquisitive by nature and be analytical in your approach
• Level-headed when in a pressurised environment and working with a number of departments to meet tight deadlines.
• Some applications / methodologies which would be beneficial (but not essential) include; Excel Powerpivot / Powerview , Agile Development and Scrums , Qlikview or Tableau, Hadoop & Big Data (Cloudera), Hive, Google Docs, SSAS (Analysis Services), C# or other programming languages, Source Control.
This role suits someone from a software consulting or BI / Business Intelligence background that is looking to take on serious responsibility. We are looking for a business intelligence analyst who want to take ownership of products and take considerable responsibility and the bonus that goes with that.
Why you’ll like it:
• Clear career path to senior presales and professional services positions
• Market leading business with a number of varied clients across the buy and sell side
• Little travel outside the UK
• Bonus structure to match sales
• Technical environment that constantly adapts to the market.
My client is based in London or Brighton
BI, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence, Implementation, Fintech