Data Analytics Team Lead – Fintech
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Data Analytics Team Lead to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known fintech in the payments and invoicing space. It has offices globally.
The Data team manages the commercial operations of the business and recommends and implements areas for improvement across customers pricing, business process, controls and reporting.
The Data Team are responsible for testing, deploying and documenting new reports; managing complex queries from support teams; developing solutions to simplify or speed up these using data automation; pro-actively monitoring the health of IT reporting platforms; as well as performing other ad hoc reporting requests.
Working with product and technology groups across the company to enable adoption automation allowing us to make smarter business decision using data.
This a hands on role, working with developers in the team to develop our systems but also to take the lead on the team’s architecture and design. It is also expected that the Team Lead will work with members of other teams to ensure co-ordination and alignment of solutions.
Day to day the Data Analytics Team Lead will:
• This is an agile team environment within a well-established company. You will work closely with people in your team / squad and liaise closely with the product owner to understand the business requirements, design the solution, build complex applications and release to production at a fast pace.
• Line management of Data and Analytics team (4 members) including remote workers.
• Working in SCRUM development environment, tracking development requests in JIRA
• Support the creation of service proposals; providing consultations, demos and training for internal and external users and customers
• Work closely with the business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making. Conduct in‐depth data analysis, using market‐leading technologies and coding languages, to look for solutions to highlighted business problems
• Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
• Test and Deploy new reports. Manage the reporting catalogue and security. Troubleshoot data and server errors within reports and liaise with global support teams as needed.
• Management of ad Hoc reporting queries from internal ticketing system.
• Authoring of high-quality technical and support procedure documentation.
The Data Lead Must have:
• Experience in a senior BI or Data Analytics role in a SAAS environment
• Experience in an analytical / algorithm / data / software development role
• As an experienced Business Intelligence developer, you will likely have exposure to some or all of the technologies used, though a willingness to learn and develop is much more important than specific experience.
• Strong background in SQL using MS Visual Studio and Oracle SQL Developer
• Experience of Qlik Sense would be advantageous
• Experience of other languages / technologies would be advantageous, especially web technologies like Java, HTML, CSS.
• Experience of leading a small team is desired
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London
Data, SQL, Salesforce Marketing, Product Head, Payments, Business Analysis, Programme Manager SWIFT, BACS Head of MArketing