Data Architect Fintech
Data Architect Fintech
£70,000 + benefits
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Data Architect to join our high profile fintech client.
My client is a well known financial software house, providing platforms and consultancy to the financial and insurance space.
This is an incredibly important role, as the data architect will take the lead in developing a data strategy and selecting the best technologies to enable the business to grow.
This is a brand new role due to a volume of new customers involving modelling various forms of data for client requirements. This is a hands on role with no data team present.
Day to day the Data Architect will:
- Take the lead role in transforming the way data is stored, processed and viewed in the organisation.
- Manage the design, development and operation of high performance databases
- Participate in the analysis and design of features and see them through implementation and delivery.
- Ensure production servers maintain 100% availability.
- Manage data requirements from PCI compliance, business intelligence and real time analytics.
- Continually learn relevant and new technologies/techniques that benefit the business and understand how to apply them.
- Collaborating with full stack developers to continually improve database design and performance.
Data Architects Must have:
- Experience in a small firm
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- You will have 5-10 years working with MS stack development
- Design, development and operation of high performance databases
- Experience of working on very high transactional load in always on mode.
- Experience with highly volatile load profiles.
- Experience working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams with an understanding and belief in agile as a practice.
- Experience of building a data warehouse.
- Experience supporting BI internally and for customers.
- Experience of, or willing to learn alternative database technologies (NoSQL) such as Mongodb / Redis / Cassandra.
- Experience of performance tuning databases, by design and an in operation.
- Strong communications and collaboration skills whether working independently or in a team
- Strong project and people management knowledge
I am not looking for massive ftse 100 enterprise architects who need a full team around them.
Client Tech Stack:
- ASP.Net MVC / Web API / Windows Services
- MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- NUnit / Jasmine / Selenium WebDriver
- Some F#
- TeamCity / Octopus / Powershell
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Ubuntu 16.04
My client is based in The City of London
ETL, Big Data, Architect, Contract Financial Technology, Multi Dimensional Data, Support, Server, Cloud, FIntech