Infrastructure Engineer Top Tier Hedge Fund
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a $10 billion hedge fund with performance figures of 23%. They trade a number of products across equity and commodities in both high and low frequency strategies. They have the reputation as one of the best funds globally. They use a combination of proprietary data, superior technology, and aggressive execution to achieve their trading objectives.
The Support Engineer will provide effective second and third level desktop and infrastructure support for all areas of the business and also provide cover for other satellite offices when needed, delivering a focused client service experience through ad-hoc troubleshooting and problem solving for end user queries .
This role is 50% desktop 50% project based so the Engineer will have the opportunity to help on several new developments.
This role sits next to traders so you will deal with problems quickly and effectively as well as prioritising what goes first.
Currently the team includes and 2 infrastructure and 5 other support Engineers responsible for a user group of 100 people. (You sit at the top of this tree).
Candidates MUST have:
• 5 years’ experience in a FUND or ASSET MANAGER or PROP SHOP
• Degree in computer science or associated technology degree
• Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / MAC OS
• Active Directory and group policy
• Windows networking (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP).
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010.
• VMWare or some Virtualisation
• Blackberry Enterprise Server
• Powershell Scripting
• SCCM Config Manager Administration for OS, application and patch deployment and reporting
• Software Packaging / Admin Studio
• IPC Dealerboards and Cisco Phones
• HP Hardware
• Bloomberg / Reuters 3000 Xtra and Eikon
• ITIL (not mandatory)
You MUST be AN EU Passport holder due to restrictions.
This role requires a candidate who can sort problems gently without any downtime. This is a high demand environment where time delay causes profit loss. I need to see someone who can demonstrate the flexibility and drive to work in the environment. The ideal candidate must have solid technical experience around the Windows family of products, including core aspects of troubleshooting, scripting, performance, monitoring, and general administration. This includes all core components and Active
My client pays a yearly bonus that is a considerable addition,
I am interested to see your drive as this role will no doubt be popular.
Desktop Support, Engineer, Windows networking (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP) Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010.