Java Engineer – Systematic Hedge Fund
£130,000 Base plus Hedge Fund level Bonus
Leading London-based hedge fund has an outstanding opportunity for a Java Developer to join their Algo Trading Strategy team.
This will be building out a brand new greenfield trading platform. You will be 1 of 2 developers for this project.
Our client is a $2 billion strong quant hedge fund with performance figures of 22%. They are currently looking to expand their high and intraday trading presence across FX and commodities.
The Java Engineer will:
• Work closely with the Head of Trading and the Execution Technology Team and assist in design and development of new trading algorithms, mainly in Java
• Create a new greenfield trading platform.
• Design High Throughput distributed trading Systems
• Improve/maintain existing strategies
• Develop utility applications and excel tools to help with trading activities
• Work with traders, understand requirements for new applications and strategies to develop and also resolve issues if any
• Build a new back office system to link with the front office
This is an opportunity for someone that wants to work with a smart people in a collaborative environment that is solely focused on cross asset trading.
They avoid the bureaucracy of larger organisations, and keep their management structures flat. Decisions are made efficiently; changes are implemented quickly.
It’s a friendly, open place where people are motivated because they enjoy what they’re doing.
Java Developers MUST have:
• Computer Science or Machine learning BSc or Masters or PhD from a top 40 University Globally
• Experience in a Trading Vendor, Fund or Bank
• Solid knowledge of Execution Technology
• Commercial Java Development experience; we would consider C++ but core coding is Java
• Core Java
• Good understanding of general programming concepts, diligent coder.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Java developer to join a growing trading business at a time of significant interesting growth within the sector. You will gain massive exposure to High Frequency Trading.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in the City of London
Java Developer, C++ Developer, Quant, Junior Quant, C++ Java, SQL Matlab, Quant Trader, Quantitative,