Lead Developer/ Team Lead
Lead Developer / Team Lead – Fintech
Tech: C# .net, Azure, SQL, Team City, GIT, TFS
Challenge: Greenfield Trading platform, API development, industry specific challenges
Firm: Well-known Insurtech software business, West London, 10 man flat Dev Team
Pay: £65k, Bonus- £750 training budget, Pension, Life / Health, Some Flex Working
Quant is urgently looking for a Lead Developer/Development Manager to join our high profile client.
Current challenges include cloud migration, greenfield trading platform development, and bank based API creation.
Our client is a well known fintech software house in the City.
Day to Day the Lead Developer/ Development Managers will:
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
- Likely to be 70:30 split of development / management
- Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous product development initiatives from design through to release
- Working closely with product & project managers and business analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress and contribute ideas for process improvement and / or issue resolution
- Oversee the operation of the client technical support desk
- Contribute to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
- Undertake small analysis projects in the form of consultancy
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Development Managers MUST have:
- Hands on coding ability in C#
- Interest in mentoring and leading a team
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall Experience in both architecture and analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in the development of software using C#, .NET and Azure technologies
- Experience / qualification of full application lifecycle management and / or project delivery (Agile SCRUM or Waterfall)
- An understanding and exposure to application lifecycle management tools, such as Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, BeanStalk, and Git
The successful individual will join a small team working directly with the CEO My client is growing rapidly as they expand the audience for their products. I am looking for someone who can grow with the team, in responsibility and/or technological prowess – and make a significant contribution to the products we are developing. In our informal technology team office, we offer a quiet, friendly environment with break-out rooms for planning and discussion.
My client is based in Central London