Platform Automation Engineer
Platform Automation Engineer
Up to £90,000 + 20-25% bonus and benefits
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Automation Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known commodity trading platform. All their clients have recently moved to a SAAS platform and this role looks to push the team towards Automation and Devops.
Day to Day the Automation Engineer will:
- Be working on automation systems that support the development teams
- Deliver new features and improve the highly available trading platform.
- Decreasing the build times and automated test times
- Owning and handling daily responsibilities for our CI/CD pipeline
- Eliminating the cost of releasing
- Ensuring our use of source control scales to accommodate larger teams
- Owning the products deployment process
- Attend knowledge sharing sessions with other testers and developers across the company to share techniques and product knowledge
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Automation Engineers should have:
- Previous experience operating within a mission critical Managed Service environment
- Good understanding of Windows Automation and deployment techniques
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD systems and building pipelines.
- Scripting in PowerShell for Windows OS and VMware management other languages welcome (python)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (Ansible)
- Experience with Log management software (Splunk or ELK)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google
My client is growing rapidly as they expand the audience for their products. I am looking for someone who can grow with the team, in responsibility and/or technological prowess – and make a significant contribution to the products we are developing. In our informal technology team office, we offer a quiet, friendly environment with break-out rooms for planning and discussion.
- Opportunities to solve interesting and complex problems
- Work with some amazing technologists and learn about other parts of the business through our commitment to collaboration
- Amazing opportunities to learn through regular tech talks, training and Hackathons
- Join a company with strong market presence
- Excellent benefits and a commitment to work life balance
- Regular social events and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
The client offers a bonus to all employees as a result of performance from day 1 usually around the 20% mark.
My client is based in Central London