Python Developer Blockchain / IOT
Quant is urgently looking for a Python Developer to join our high profile client.
Our client is an established energy business specialising in high-frequency disaggregation and data analytics. They are covert but well backed and have a team of over 60, with a flat 30 man development team. They will revolutionise blockchain in global energy arbitrage / distribution.
Their major challenges are high frequency energy distribution via the blockchain, the hardware that goes with this and building it all on a serverless platform… Then they add big time data analytics.
What you’ll do day to day as part of the development team (everyone codes python in some form):
Work effectively within a dedicated blockchain development team to build a new P2P trading system.
Simulate P2P networks using local machines and cloud resources.
Implement and test various P2P payment solutions or blockchain solutions on our custom IoT hardware.
Contribute to continuous improvement in the team resulting in greater efficiency, quality and productivity.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology.
Python Engineers should have:
• 3+ years commercial experience with Python.
• Experience using versioning tools such as Git and/or Bitbucket.
• Experience of working in an Agile environment.
• An MSc/BSc in computer science, mathematics, engineering or other relevant mathematical discipline.
• Experience building web based services and APIs.
• Understanding of the importance of system performance and knowledge of various optimisation strategies.
• Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools.
• A keen interest in Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Bonus / You will learn:
Basic experience in building Linux IoT devices
Basic understanding of consensus mechanisms in Blockchain such as Proof of Work.
Hands-on experience with Ethereum Geth and/or Parity
Experience in using various Solidity frameworks like Truffle, Mix IDE or Intellij-Sol.
Contributions to relevant open source projects;
Experience Hadoop, Spark, or Docker.
Basic or deep knowledge of Ethereum Whisper or IPFS/Swarm.
My client is based in the City of London
Python, Ethereum, Blockchain