Tech Stack: Selenium, Core Java, JDBC, Kafka, HDFS, Docker, SQL, Multithreading
Challenge: Testing a Greenfield Big Data Analysis Platform Development in FS
Firm: Well-known Financial Data fintech50 business, City of London, 10 man flat Dev Team
Pay: £70k, Options, training budget, Pension, Life / Health, Some Work from Home
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Selenium Automation Tester
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Automation Tester to join our high profile client.
Our client is a 20 man start up who have created a market leading machine learning data analysis product in the financial data market. Details of the full ideas of the company are protected by a Non Disclosure agreement but they are at the bleeding edge of not only product ideas but also technology and data manipulation. They are backed by a tier 1 Investment Bank.
This innovative start-up is pioneering a new concept for the financial markets. The most important part of their product will be the enterprise-grade technology platform. This is a unique green field development opportunity that will allow you to play a part in shaping the future of finance and be rewarded accordingly.
You will be completely hands on but have aspirations for higher things.
Development is agile and fast paced. The day begins with a short stand up at which tasks will be distributed and any road-blocks cleared. Work is test driven, with unit tests implemented first to be run in our continuous integration environment. Only then do they write code. A
• Creating Test Frameworks from scratch
• Building and maintaining Selenium and API test suites.
• Testing new and existing functionality in the UI (HTML5).
• Gathering business requirements from our customers and translating these into test scenarios.
• Working with our data scientists and software engineers to ensure what is delivered meets these requirements.
QA Engineers Must Have:
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• 2 years commercial experience
• Experience of creating test frameworks from scratch
• Experience using Selenium. Ideally with the Java interface.
• Ability to translate requirements into a high quality test suite and implement this test suite using Serenity Screenplay or similar
• Good communication skills
The first stage of the test will be to create a basic test script for an online application, from scratch.
The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in London
Selenium, Core Java, JDBC, Kafka, HDFS, Docker, SQL, Multithreading