Quant Capital is urgently looking for a SQL Developer to join or well known Fintech50 client who produces software disrupting the financial data and data management market. I am looking for a database developer with good all-round skills happy to do about 30% DBA work. By the nature of what my client does, Data and databases are very important. This is no boring bank.
The successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of hands-on experience with SQL Server database administration and practical experience with relational database design, development and architecture. Responsibilities will include supporting and troubleshooting an existing SQL Server environment, which includes query optimization, performing capacity planning and database backup and recovery.
The SQL Developer will: (70% Dev 30% DBA) Major migration to SQL 2016 in 1 month.
- Develop and optimize advanced SQL Queries, including stored procedures using techniques such as common table expressions, table valued parameters, SQL Server functions and robust error handling
- Design and manage Data Import / Export processes and procedures using SQL Server Integration Services
- Offering technical guidance for database design and performance tuning
- Help with the design of data models for efficient data access, reporting, and data validation during design and construction phases
- Query performance monitoring and tuning of databases and database server environments
- Work with key stakeholders as necessary to support BI reporting
- Administering multiple SQL Server instances on Windows/Cloud platforms supporting business and data services applications
- Perform regular database consistency analysis, diagnosis of problems and repair
- Development and administration of error notification alerts
- Contribute to all aspects of general business improvement
The role will work closely with the CTO as well as developers.
SQL Developers Should have:
- 3 years commercial experience as a SQL Developer / DBA
- Expert knowledge and experience on SQL Server SQL programming (TSQL, store procedures)
- Expert knowledge and experience on SQL Reporting Services and Integration Services
- Prior experience on SQL Server administration (ideally on SQL 2014/SQL 2016)
- Good knowledge of database development methodologies, techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of relational data modelling
- Ideally Prior experience with database and query performance tuning
- Prior experience working with data warehouse and other decision support databases
- Ideally Familiarity with ADO.NET and the .NET framework
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Ideally Experience of working in highly transactional environment
- Experience of working in Power BI Reporting would be an advantage
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL server 9.x would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the .Net framework, C#
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
This role suits a mid to senior SQL Developer or good DBA who is looking to gain experience of the fintech and data space. As you can see the business is bleeding edge in terms of adapting to the latest technology but it also encourages and pays for all employees to certify in anything Microsoft.
This is a young and dynamic team with a range of people. They look for good technical skills as well as excellent communications skills and offer the latest technology in a cutting edge market.
My client is based in London
SQL DEVELOPER, DBA, SQL, Server Database Administrator, Infrastructure Fintech, SQL Developer