Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Sybase DBA to join our high profile client.
Our client provides global technology services to the financial services industry specifically providing innovation, competitiveness and responsive IT that truly enables financial services. Their clients are the major investment banks and Asset Managers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Backing up the server according to the routine schedule
- Monitor performance
- Ensure that data is free from corruption and has integrity
- Ensure maximum availability of the server
- Performance tuning of SQL
- Design and maintain data models
- Planning and implementation of database servers
Candidates must have:
- 5 years commercial experience as a Sybase DBA
- Proven experience as a Data Base Administrator
- Proven experience in SQL programming
- Sybase ASE 12.5 and 15.0 administration and troubleshooting.
- Sybase Replication Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of ASE and replication deployments to Windows and Red Hat operating systems.
- Database capacity planning.
- Knowledge of modeling tools such as Power Designer
This is a unique opportunity for someone to expand into an implementation role. You should be driven and interested to gain some serious financial experience.
My client is based in London