Team Lead Ruby / Frontend Developer
Our client is a brand new investment firm driven by technology. They are well known in the media as solving one of the common problems for the retail investor and in the current climate this is a unique product. The company structure is very flat and they have grown to 50 people in almost 6 months. As their product is web based this position is key to growth and stability.
The position is for a hands on Lead Developer to build new and maintain existing frontend applications and sites communicating with a Java API. The current team has 2 bleeding edge ruby and frontend developers who need leadership to keep them from evangelising the world off. The Frontend team lead will be working within an Agile (ish looking to be better) team to design and deliver high quality bleeding edge applications. Current UI is external and they have done a pretty good job.
The Lead Frontend Developer will also be responsible for:
* Development Strategy and architecture
* Designing and developing new applications working in collaboration with existing team members
* To design and help implement a REST api
* To ensure that all development has sufficient test coverage to maintain quality
The stack is Ruby, Maven, Spring, Data Nucleus on Tomcat.
Lead Frontend Developers Must have:
– Educated to degree level or equivalent
– Experience designing and building sites with complex applications within
– Ideally Ruby but this is not a must have
– Team Lead Experience or ability to demonstrate mentoring experience
– Version control using git
– Working knowledge of Linux
– Experience with mobile applications would be beneficial
– Currently Hadoop is used but not required
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London