Technical Architect Fintech
£90,000 Plus Bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Technical Architect / Consultant to join our high profile client.
Our client provides data management platforms to the securities and investment management industry. They have offices across the globe and are the have the number one product for the investment data market. Technically the platform offers complex superior data management.
This is an expansionary role due to team growth.
This team is responsible working with clients as well as internal teams on architectural design, technical infrastructure, and performance optimizations. The team has an advisory role to Product Development on system enhancements and research of new technology opportunities as well as is a first line responder for complex high severity issues on customer production environments.
The Business is adding new features and functions which demand much higher volumes of data and greater throughput especially in the area of market data and data warehousing and are driving the move from traditional relational databases to alternative platforms such as Hadoop/HDFS.
Day to Day the Architect will:
• Technical consulting for client’s Integration with the implementation team
• Advice on infrastructure best practices and system resource allocation
• Technical architecture consulting during project implementation phase
• Provide expertise on production performance and infrastructure issues
• Onsite technical audits for optimal configurations and system resources usage
• Provide architectural and technological expertise to support Sales, Pre-Sales, Operations, and PSG teams.
• Provide input to improve the product design, features and customization based on client implementations in close contact with our Architecture team.
• Keeping up to date with new technologies adoptions.
I am looking for an architect or consultant with a keen interest in infrastructure and a good understanding of Java.
Technical Architects / Consultants must have:
·BSc or Msc in it, economics, Maths, finance
• In-depth understanding and experience with multiple application servers i.e. WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, WildFly
• Understanding Java monitoring tools, memory management tools and profilers
• Experience with large-scale software designs including cloud base software designs
• Working experience with Spring and Hibernate framework
• 6+ years expertise in performance tuning on application infrastructure and database level.
• Experience in software security models such as JAAS, SAML, KERBEROS etc.
• Understanding of Linux operating system resources, including VM’s and Docker
• Proficient understanding of Oracle database, ability to tune SQLs including AWR analyzes.
• Expertise on Hadoop/HDFS infrastructure architecture
This role suits a technical or architect consultant from a software consulting or infrastructure background that is looking to take on serious responsibility. You need to have experience of implementation and working with vendors but will be rewarded by a relaxed yet serious business with a great and well known team as well as several options for promotion quickly in several directions.
My client offers a bonus, great holiday
My client is based in Central London
Infrastructure, Java, WEbsphere, JBOSS, Implementation, Technical Implementation,Bloomberg Backoffice, Telekurs, Reuters Datascope, IDC, Markit etc. Aim Software