Technical Implementation Consultant Financial Data
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Technical Implementation Consultant to join our high profile client.
Our client provides data management platforms to the securities and investment management industry. They have offices across the globe and are the have the number one product for the investment data market. Technically the platform offers complex superior data management.
The Technical implementation consultant will quickly have functional lead responsibility throughout a project implementation lifecycle. The Implementation Consultant will work with top tier developers and architects and utilizing the latest technology to implement a system that is used by Portfolio Managers, traders, and data analysts. The position will include the, implementation, some testing, and management of new and existing client installations. This position requires specialized technology skills including Java, SQL query writing, reporting writing, and a strong understanding of XML technologies.
The product is based in major London banks and funds so expect to meet a number of interesting people as well as be working with a product that is technically complex and in the forefront of people’s minds due to regulatory change.
Technical Implementation Consultants must have:
• BSc or Msc in it, economics, Maths, finance
• Experience working in a financial vendor or financial services firm.
• Experience of Software implementation
• Oracle PL/SQL
• Unix (Linux or Solaris)
• Worked with at least one of the following application servers
• Strong understanding of J2EE concepts and experience of either JBOSS, Websphere or Weblogic.
• Database/SQL fundamentals and queuing systems having integrated a product to other third party systems before.
• Hands-on Application server configuration experience, including SQL skills, skills to configure interfaces and a good understanding of relational databases plus a good working understanding of standard XML, XSLT, XPATH
• Basic understanding of queuing systems (JMS) and integration of these systems in application server environments.
• Web Services
• Unix scripting
• Experience of implementing a software vendor package or application into a large organisation.
• Ideally Perl
This role suits a technical consultant from a software consulting or implementation background that is looking to take on serious responsibility. You need to have experience of implementation and working with vendors but will be rewarded by a relaxed yet serious business with a great and well known team as well as several options for promotion quickly in several directions.
My client offers a bonus, great holiday and very limited travel.
My client is based in Central London
Market reference Data, Implementation, Technical Implementation, Bloomberg Backoffice, Telekurs, Reuters Datascope, IDC, Markit etc. Aim Software