Tech: Development Manager, Java, J2EE, Spring, Oracle, Angular, AWS, REST
Challenge: Develop Greenfield systems and increase functionality for existing high transaction/high traffic platforms. Managing a global team.
Firm: Global Fintech firm that specialize in the supply chain space.
Java Development Manager – Fintech50
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Java Development Manager to join our high profile client.
My client is a growing global Fintech business and market leaders in the SAAS supply chain finance space.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for leading a group of Java Developers and QA engineers based nearshore working on a variety of products operating in a number of agile teams following Scrum or Kanban. The Development Manager operates outside of the Agile teams leading the engineering practices, resourcing and is the technical authority for their products. The Development Manager is expected to work collaboratively with their peers including the Head of Technical Operations, Head of Product, Head of IT Delivery and .Net Software Development Manager Key Responsibilities:
• Growing and Mentoring team of 40 developers/QA
• Agile Development planning
• Working closely with Product , Engineering, Support for new development and support
• Drive process and development innovation
• Deliver Product Roadmap with high levels of quality and timely deliveries
A great engineering environment whereby technology is key to success
The upside of start-up without the associated risks
Great friendly, informal and highly rewarding culture
Informal dress code, loads of social events, etc.
Fast growing global firm with plenty of opportunity where you will have significant impact
Java Development Managers must have: (Below also shows tech stack)
Please list team size on your CV.
• Experience of running a development team of 10-20 people
• Experience of running a development team of 10 people remote team is essential
• Experience of operating in a larger technology group (Circa 140) and collaborating across different teams to enable effective delivery of projects/products Ideally
• Experience working in a Product / SAAS business
• Hands on experience in a Java technology environment is important but this is not expected to be a hands on role
• This role is responsible for platforms built using Java, Apache Nifi, Kafka, SpringBoot, Angular 7 and Oracle, experience with some of these technologies is important
• Continuous Integration and Deployment is achieved using a combination of Jenkins, Teamcity and Octopus deploy.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to expand further into web technology. You should be driven and interested to gain some serious financial experience. This is a bleeding edge business so if you can make a usability case they will buy it.
Flipflops and tshirts are perfectly normal for the office. Currently all work is home based.
My client offers one of the best training and development packages in the market, all inclusive.
My client is based in the City of London
Core Java Development Manager