IT Support Manager – Hedge Fund
£100,000 Plus Bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an IT Manager to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known global High Frequency Trading firm. They value technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record).
This is a bleeding edge role as close as it gets to the market. You will be offered an almost unlimited budget and the ability to make the right decisions in a non-bureaucratic environment.
This position requires close collaboration with their software engineers in an effort to best align technical solutions with the schedules and analytic needs of various strategies.
• Managing a small team of Support Engineers
• Supporting a range of Dell, HP and Oracle servers.
• Supporting NAS devices
• Support and configuration of Cisco switches and CheckPoint firewalls (externally supported).
• Support of all Windows desktops, laptops and printers/MFPs.
• Network support including all power and cabling, patching, WAN links and Data Centres.
• OS and Application patching of all Windows servers, desktops and laptops using Manage Engine.
• Ensure all servers have valid warranties.
• Managing the maintenance of all IT systems such as the UPS, CCTV, intruder alarm, access control etc.
• Supporting the voice network and deploying turrets and handsets (externally supported).
• Data backups and security.
• Active Directory maintenance and support.
• O365 environment support and maintenance.
• VPN support.
• Hardware and software upgrades.
• The hours of support for the team are 06:45 to 18:00.
• Selecting appropriate models of server, workstations, laptops and printers to suit the business needs.
• Managing the process of new software requests (review and approve/deny).
• Maintain a register of all approved software apps in use throughout the business
• Exchange connectivity: connected to several counterparties for trading purposes. You are responsible for the management of these connections and any changes or upgrades required.
• Annual review of current BCP procedures and any adjustments required.
• Update of all related documentation.
• Documentation distribution and communication to all staff.
• BCP testing at least annually. Testing needs to be fully documented and the results sent to the IT Committee.
• You will be responsible for commercial relationships with third-party market data providers where there is a direct connection. You will be required to liaise with Management and Trading staff when new requests or modifications are required. You will maintain accurate records of all connections and market data permissions.
• You will be responsible for the management of any Data Centre cross-connects.
• Network design and changes for future capacity
• Data centre management including adding or removing sites.
• Ensuring there is sufficient capacity and resource for existing and future load.
• Researching and planning for any new system requirements to ensure the company’s IT Infrastructure continues to be reliable and fit for purpose.
• Hardware refreshment where required.
• You will be responsible for all DNS changes required for all Domains in use.
It Managers MUST have:
• 10 Plus years experience in IT Administration
• Experience of Financial Services IT
• Strong Networking and Windows Server Background
• Experience managing a small team
• Understanding of Exchange Connectivity
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Itivit, OMS, Reuters, tbricks, Linux HPC HFT Systems Infrastructure Linux, Linux, Python, Bash