Network Engineer HFT
£110,000 + Bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Network Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known global High Frequency Trading firm. They value technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record).
This is a bleeding edge role as close as it gets to the market. You will participate in providing financial and operational support to the firm.
We are looking for detail-oriented individual with experience in diverse technology ecosystems using a mixture of off-the-shelf and proprietary systems. You will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining our trading and business infrastructure whilst ensuring high levels of uptime and stability. You will need outstanding communication skills and be able to present complex ideas clearly.
• Build, manage and maintain network infrastructure locally and in remote Data Centres
• Work with Technology and Trading to manage and evolve networking and security systems
• Responsible for monitoring networks for latency, throughput and efficient utilization
• Automate repetitive network administration tasks
• Diagnose and troubleshoot system to provide recommendations for the future
• Collaborate with other technology and trading staff and contribute to vision and direction
Network Engineers MUST have:
• Experience of Trading Networking
• 3+ years of network engineering experience
• Experience with Cisco switches and products
• Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of IP Networking
• Knowledge of route exchange protocols such as BGP and OSPF, Layer 2 switching and firewalls
• Experience working with multi-vendor and multi-technology WAN
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Network Engineer, Latency, Itivit, OMS, Reuters, tbricks, Linux HPC HFT Operations VBA