Quantitative Researcher, commodities – up to £250,000 total + benefits
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Quantitative Researcher to join our high profile hedge fund client. Candidates will need a background in commodities, pricing and, risk analytics.
This is a new expansionary role in London within one of the fastest growing parts of the business. The role provides a fast paced and dynamic environment with excellent opportunities for growth.
As a Quant Researcher you will:
• Work with Quant teams across the globe to develop fixed income pricing and risk analytics for the in-house library.
• Develop pre-trade analysis tools for portfolio managers.
• Support and run processes for quantitative risk and risk management
The successful quants will be interested in working within an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, where they will be expected to be involved in all aspects of trading and risk.
Candidates MUST have:
• PhD or MSc in an advanced scientific field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working with Commodity pricing and risk
• In depth knowledge of crude oil, natural gas etc, including vol surface modelling
• Options modelling experience including crack spread, CSO
• Excellent exposure to vanilla and exotics pricing
• Experience in either C++ (preferred), Python, R,
• Strong communication skills required as this role involved direct communication with risk management and trading
• Applicant should have a demonstrated track record of success in challenging environments
• BONUS: experience in other asset classes such as FI and FX
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new and growing team of Quants in the London office.
Please contact Sebastiaan Roest-Ellis to discuss the role on 0203 772 3980, 100% discretion assured.