Business Analyst – Investment Management, JIRA
£70k Plus Bens
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Business Analyst to join our high profile client.
The firm is an offshoot of a well known Hedge Fund and Asset Manager. They Run around £17 Billion of assets.
With several greenfield projects in the roadmap, there will be ample opportunities to help shape products and make an impact.
As a Technical Business Analyst you will be working directly with the Head of Business Transformation and Head of Systems on a daily basis to define and shape requirements to build a “best in class” technology platform.
Day to Day The Business Analyst will:
· Work with product managers, development leads, business owners and developers through the whole SDLC.
· Lead the Implementation of JIRA
· Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing specifications for both near and longer-term solutions.
· Produce key artifacts including business and functional requirement documents, user acceptance test plans and test cases.
· Articulate user stories to author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, and business system concept documents.
· Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure best practices around cross-system data continuity, data hygiene, and application functionality definition.
· Attend all key agile development rituals such as stand-ups, planning, demos, and retrospectives. Work to remove roadblocks, ensure clear and open communication, and ensure dependencies are in escalated and managed in partnership with internal stakeholders.
The Business Analyst Must have:
· 2:1 Computer Science or a STEM degree from a Red Brick UK or EU University
· Solid experience of JIRA over multiple years
· Strong understanding of the SDLC
· Experience of Financial Services ideally asset management
Understanding of data and analytics; ability to train and learn quickly in areas with little prior experience.
Strong experience in design thinking and agile product development required.
Experience working in Jira.
3-5+ years in system/business analysis experience
Strong communication skills with the ability to summarize and explain complex technical issues to business stakeholders.
Ability to coordinate teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London
2 days a week in the office.