C++ Engineer Fintech
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a C++ Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a major global financial exchange, driven by technology. They are at the bleeding edge of not only product ideas but also technology and data manipulation. They use unique online data from many sources to create an ultra low latency trading environment for their clients. They have grown massively and recently were voted in the top 50 fintech firms globally.
The Developer will produce tools and build websites that handle millions of requests per day, presenting high-quality market across the globe.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Development is agile and fast paced. As requirements evolve you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
The software you develop will be released to production frequently, which you will take full ownership of, ensuring changes are tested and rolled out in a safe manner, in addition to playing a role in supporting the operation of our platform by providing out of hours support on a rota basis.
You will be as comfortable working on the command line with Linux to perform basic system administration tasks and investigate issues, as you will be making use of Jira and Confluence (or similar) to document software solutions, communicate progress, risks and issues.
C++ Engineers Must Have:
• Strong programming skills in C++, with a broad knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
• Knowledge of open source software. Use of open source software in a commercial environment.
• Familiarity with Linux, SQL and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks.
• Strong critical thinking, communication and organisational skills.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• Preferred: Experience in one or more relevant financial areas (market data, order management, algorithmic trading, financial systems integration, compliance, etc.)
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package. Including a large bonus from day 1.
My client is based in London
Remote working at present.