£70k/£90k Plus Bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a AWS Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a recently acquired financial technology business who is currently taking the factoring and invoicing market by storm. This is a brand new project to create an e-factoring platform and CRM system from scratch.
The primary focus will be the support of new & existing technologies deployed in an AWS cloud. The Platform and Infrastructure team are a tight knit group who will work with you ensure that all current and future IT platforms are designed right, built right and managed in a controlled and secure fashion.
AWS Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensure AWS Cloud Infrastructure achieves agreed SLAs. Create, maintain and support proactive service management e.g. capacity and availability etc. and take responsibility for incident, problems and change etc.
- Introducing new cloud infrastructure services (operationalizing, building, etc.) which adheres relevant governance controls and service qualities
- Ensure creative, well organized, readable and tested code is delivered within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments
- Act as a subject matter expert for connectivity and security aspects in relation to public and private cloud-based hosting solutions
- Create relevant playbooks and run books as part of any build and run documentation
- Deliver well defined, reusable infrastructure code for pipeline orchestration and automation and scripting to build dynamic cloud infrastructure components
- Design and introduce relevant automated support for code validation and reducing the potential for defects, Functional and non-functional service testing for cloud infrastructure services
- Quality built in by default into any infrastructure code and documentation
- Propose secure, scalable, reusable solutions using AWS products
- Evaluate and make use of new AWS features to improve our architecture
As an AWS Engineer you will have:
- Experienced with AWS including the design of VPCs, networking, RDS, API gateways, EKS, ECS, etc.
- Experienced with Infrastructure as Code tools with AWS, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experienced in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on secure, availability, reliability and automation
- Exposure and understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how these feed into a micro services architecture
- Strong understanding and experience of managing networking concepts, protocols and
- Experience designing and working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Proficient in in at least one scripting language such as Power Shell, Bash, Python, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Cloud technologies
- Ideally AWS architecture design experience
My client is based in Central London, this role is Remote but will require Office work.