Cloud Engineer – Fintech
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a CloudEngineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a small fintech firm creating by one of the worlds best known personalities in fintech. They are known for solving one of the common problems in the retail financial space and in the current climate this is a unique product.
Merchants in the ecosystem publish offers that reward consumers for making advance payments. Typically, the longer the consumer leaves the money with the merchant, the greater the reward – i.e. rewards have a time dimension like accruing interest, but functions as a discount, thus increasing the spending power of the consumer. Merchants can also increase consumer spending power by making additional discount coupons available to encourage spend at particular times and/or locations.
Day to Day the Cloud Engineer will:
• Responsible for day to day effectiveness, and security of AWS hosted platforms
• Project resource to technical projects including knowledge transfer to other internal support teams with operational responsibilities
• Provide subject matter expert advice to the internal support and development teams
• Identify opportunities to remove cost, complexity and instability from our cloud infrastructure
• Ensure that all cloud systems and services are fully monitored, secure and available.
• Ensure effective levels of security is designed and implemented into all core IT technologies
• Comply with Company polices and procedure processes such as change control and release management
• Support the major incident process and problem management to ensure root causes of issues are identified and that effective mitigations are applied
• Provide out of hours support to major incidents as part of an on call service
The Cloud Engineer Must have:
• Demonstrable expertise in operational support and design of AWS hosted IaaS/SaaS platforms and services
• Demonstrable experience with automation platforms such as Cloud Formation and Ansible (or similar)
• Demonstrable expertise in system administration of Linux and Microsoft technologies, including the patching, securing and monitoring of such systems.
• Understanding of CI/CD pipeline management
• Detailed knowledge of networking infrastructure, communication protocols and security is desirable
• Demonstrable expertise in web delivered application topologies, including IIS and related technologies
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London Remote at Present
EC2, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Java, CLoudwatch