Django Developer – Investment Management
£90,000 + Bonus + Bens
Visa Sponsorship Provided
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Django Developer to join our high profile client.
The firm is an offshoot of a well known Hedge Fund. They Run around £2 Billion of assets.
No experience of finance is needed.
With several greenfield projects in the roadmap, there will be ample opportunities to help shape products and make an impact.
As a Software Engineer, you’re a seasoned engineer with the know how to effectively plan your implementation before writing any code. You will be responsible for guiding the team on backend design & implementation of both the user facing products and tooling that supports our Sales, Research and Operations teams, enabling these teams to do their job effectively and efficiently.
You love working cross-functionally to define how your ideas will come to life, offline and online. You’ll pave the way for innovation in not only what we make, but also how we work.
Day to Day The Django Developer will:
· Work with the rest of engineering to ensure that we as a team deliver the best set of financial services platforms available
· Take ownership from concept to delivery, building secure tech that you’re proud of
· Participate in sprints & manage product backlog
· Define & build the architecture for greenfield projects
· Ensure that code is implemented using best practices and is well tested
· Maintain a legacy system until deprecation
The Django Developer Must have:
· 2:1 Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Chemistry degree from a Red Brick UK or EU University
· An understanding of AWS
· You have worked closely with designers and other engineers from other disciplines in the past and have a desire to understand our users and their needs. You know exactly why you are building the features you are currently working on and understand the impact / value for our end users
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London
2 days a week in the office.