Equities Trading Operations Analyst
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Trading Desk Operations Specialist to join our high profile client.
Our client is one of the largest Quant Investment managers globally, with around £20 billion under management. They are mainly quant based but have High frequency and systematic exposure. The role sits with the trading team on the bleeding edge of technology as well as execution.
This is an environment of science and intellectuals. The firm is known globally for its attitudes and rigour more importantly, you will be surrounded by smart people deeply interested in teaching what they know, and in learning from you.
The firm has a reputation for bright minds and interesting ideas for Alpha generation. Technology plays a serious part to their business in an operation that runs 24/7 globally. You will play a serious part in making the London office more efficient in its execution.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
• Settlement workflow with a primary and critical focus on ETF creations/redemptions and DVP settlements
• Process ADR conversions/cancellations and brokered/done away trades
• Provide support for confirmation workflow via CTM and bilaterally with counterparties as needed
• Daily reconciliation of all fees: exchange, clearing, FCM/PB commission, financing, etc.
• Trade capture for all non-equity products related to the desks’ activity such as fixed income and FX
• Trade and position reconciliation with clearing firms, prime brokers and bilateral counterparties
• Provide support for P&L calculation and substantiation over time
Trade Operations Analyst will have:
At least 2 years’ professional Trading Operations or Settlements
Experience in European Equities
A background in European equities; ideally with exposure to supporting other ancillary products at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund or other buy-side organization
Experience of daily recs and exchange settlement
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in London
Trade Support, Linux HPC HFT Systems Infrastructure Linux troubleshooting virtualization; KVM, VirtualBox, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP Cisco IOS, F5 IPSEC, GRE, PPTP PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, Python, Bash sys admin devops