ETL Data Developer
ETL Data Developer Fintech
£90,000 Plus Bens
I am looking for a high quality Data Developer who has had some exposure to SQL to assist with core development of a proprietary technology.
Our client is well funded Techstar Risk Technology business based on the credit risk space.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Passionate about pioneering RiskTech and leveraging big data in credit risk, you are looking for the opportunity to use your analytics and programming skills to shape the vision and the future of the organisation. You excel in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for high-quality innovative businesses, you are experienced in working in multiple programming languages (including Python, R and SQL) and agile development methodologies.
Day to day the Data Engineer will:
- Work alongside the Risk and Analytics team to create and implement machine learning risk models and large scale data projects from inception to production
- Build high quality datasets from raw data using some of the latest tools and technologies
- Build and embed defined data models and data flows to the cloud
- Drive large batch, streaming and machine learning applications from design to production
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of our cloud data platform as well as innovative ways to ingest, process, store and analyse various data sources
- Contribute to automation in the CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure management and configuration
- Use various methods to transform raw data from multiple sources into useful data, improving quality, integrity and accessibility.
- Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive modelling
- Automate any repeatable and error prone data integrations and data preparation flows
- Manipulating and cleaning data, fulfil daily ad-hoc data requests and troubleshoot difficult technical issues
Data Engineers must have:
- 2:1 or above Hons. degree or equivalent in mathematics, computer science or comparable scientific discipline.
- Build ETL Pipelines (e.g., Airflow)
- Build and CI/CD tools
- Write SQL code
- Create and implementing Rest APIs
- GIT and GIT branching
- BI Tools such as Looker, Qlik, Power BI, Tableau
- Containerisation technologies
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Data manipulation/transfer modules
- Reporting, data warehousing, data science and quantitative analysis techniques.
- Data warehousing, data modelling and the creation of meaningful data visualisations
My client is based in Central London with Flex work from home.
ETL, Data, Python, Perl, Unix