ETL Data Engineer – Fintech
Remote with occasional travel to the London Office.
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Data Engineer to join our well-known Fintech50 client who produces software disrupting the wealth management market.
My client has dominated the domestic market with their SaaS offering and they are looking to replicate this success internationally, to do this they are investing heavily in technologists from software developers to Technical operations.
The development team works in a very agile fashion on 2 week sprints. Most of the business is now focussed around AWS. We are looking for someone who has a passion for realtime data,
Day to Day the Data Engineer will:
Design, build, monitor and manage large scale batch and streaming data pipelines in AWS cloud environment
Reverse engineer existing SQL scripts
The Data Engineer Must have:
• Experience in building complex data pipelines/ETL/ELT scripts
• Extensive experience with SQL
• Experience with Data Warehouse databases like Snowflake/Redshift/ BigQuery
• Experience with Python
• Preferably have some knowledge of AWS and components such as S3, Kinesis, DMS, SNS, Glue, Athena, RDS
• Experience with implementing Rest APIs.
• Business Intelligence (BI) knowledge/experience
• Knowledge on tools like Terraform, Airflow, DBT and Harness
• Modern data engineering practises
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London but the role is remote for the immediate future.
ETL, DATA,, EC2, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Java, CLoudwatch