Graduate Software Engineer – Hedge Fund
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED –
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join our high-profile client in their main development team.
Our client is one of the most famous global quantitative hedge funds.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
technologist will be responsible for a variety of projects, environments and support across a wide range of technology, including but not limited to Linux, Python, servers, production and an advanced communications infrastructure.
What we are looking for:
• A fascination with IT and computer systems
• MUST have a 2:1 or 1st in Computer Science or equivilent from a Tier-1 University
• Experience scripting and developing infrastructure as code or other software
• Clear communication skills and ability to work with C-level staff
• Solid Linux
• Good scripting coding in 1 or mor languages preferably Python and C++
• 1-2 years’ experience working a support or software development focus role
• A demonstrated interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively, along with a desire to improve processes and technology are all prerequisites.
As requirements evolve you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect a highly competitive salary and premium benefits.