Graduate Systems Administrator – Hedge Fund
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED –
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Graduate Systems Administrator to join our high-profile client in their main development team.
Our client is one of the most famous global quantitative hedge funds.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
The technologist will be responsible for a variety of user support and project work across a wide range of technology, including but not limited to Windows PCs and servers, Linux servers, mobile devices, and an advanced communications infrastructure.
What we are looking for:
• A fascination with IT and computer systems
• MUST have a 2:1 or 1st in Computer Science or equivilent from a Tier-1 University
• Experience working on a help desk or in an IT support role
• Clear communication skills and ability to work with C-level staff
• Solid understanding of Windows and ideally some Linux
• 1-2 years’ experience working in 1st-2nd line support roles
• An interest in scripting and automation
• A demonstrated interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively, along with a desire to improve processes and technology are all prerequisites.
As requirements evolve you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect a highly competitive salary and premium benefits.