Head of Software Engineering –Electronic Trading
£180,000 Plus Bonus Plus Options
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Head of Software Engineering to join our high profile client.
Our client is a major global financial firm driven by technology. They are at the bleeding edge of not only product ideas but also technology and data manipulation. They use unique online data from many sources to create an ultra low latency trading environment for their clients. They have grown massively and recently were voted in the top 50 fintech firms globally.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
· Manage and develop a team of 20 software engineers
· Manage and develop a team of independent quality assurance engineers, who are responsible for building the automated testing platform and test cases
· Provide technical direction with respect to performance, reliability and functionality.
· Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in conjunction with the management team.
· Design, engineer, and test highly reliable services
· Spearhead and manage company-wide projects to develop new business lines and increase operational efficiency.
· Lead others in debugging of complicated engineering and operational problems.
Development is agile and fast paced. As requirements evolve you will leverage the best of the community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
This is a management role but requires the ability to understand technology. This development team is not huge and is very technical.
The Head of Software Engineering Must Have:
· Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
· Degree in Computer Science or a STEM Subject
· Strong knowledge of trading and high demand systems
· Ability to read code Java, C++ or Python
· Strong experience in automated testing teams, unit testing.
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package. Including a large bonus from day 1.
My client is based in London Hybrid Working 1 day per week