Quant Capital is urgently looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join our high profile client.
Our client is well known fintech in the WRAP and SIPP market as a full service provider.
In your role as Infrastructure Manager, you will lead in the management and development of Microsoft based server, communications and cloud solutions for the group. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of new technology as well as providing support for existing systems and related technology. Leading a small internal team of engineers, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of infrastructure operations as well as technical improvement and change projects.
The Infrastructure Manager on a day to day basis will:
• Providing technical leadership, coaching and management of the Infrastructure team
• Providing oversight and reporting of key deliverables to management
• Responsibility for the design and delivery of new Windows based infrastructure design including Azure, on premise and hybrid solutions
• Managing the Hybrid cloud infrastructure including servers, storage, security and virtualization
• Providing clear and consistent documentation of systems and architecture, design, configuration and testing evidence
• Providing solution designs, costings and basic project management for the duration of any implementation
• Liaising in the development of desktop builds/images where integration with server infrastructure is required
• Ownership of technical Backup, DR (Disaster Recovery) and Business Continuity for all server-based solutions.
• Providing 2nd line support for complex queries relating to infrastructure issues
• Ensuring infrastructure components are correctly registered and tracked with the asset and configuration management database.
• Controlling of key system configuration parameters
• Keeping application software levels and patches up to date
• Maintaining test and development environments.
Infrastructure Managers must have:
• Experience of leading and developing technical engineers
• Microsoft infrastructure related qualification(s) (e.g. MCSE)
• Experienced in the design and implementation of MS Azure based services including ADFS, Virtualisation, SaaS and PaaS
• Experience of the implementation and management of resilient services including load balancing, availability sets, geo-redundancy, Azure system updates
• Experience of Azure DR and backup solutions
• Experience of Office365 interoperability
• Solid experience of managing on-premise and hybrid server solutions
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
• Ideally Exposure to IS27001 standards.
• Basic network/comms experience (IP, Routing, VLAN)
As this is a niche sector expect a serious package as well as the autonomy to create new and unique solutions and the ear of the CTO and CEO of a global firm.
My client is based in Leicester
IT Manager, Infrastructure, Cisco, Windows Server