Junior Python Engineer – Investment Management
£100k, 30% Bonus, 3 days a week in the office.
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Software Engineer with Python skills to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known Systematic Trading Hedge Fund. They like technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record). They currently run around £2 billion in liquid capital.
This is an environment of google or a startup where tech is number 1 the firm is known globally for its attitudes and rigour more importantly, you will be surrounded by smart people deeply interested in teaching what they know, and in learning from you.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Day to Day The Software Engineer will:
· Creating a new trading architecture for model execution
· Be designing, developing, testing and deploying micro services into the cloud (AWS)
· Be supporting other business units investigating problems, querying data, and building tools for them.
· Be working in a highly collaborative, paired environment to solve complex problems.
· Be collaborating with the full engineering team to continuously improve architecture and processes.
· Prototype new concepts, features, use of technology
· Be striving towards automation as much as possible
· Review of designs/code and knowledge sharing are key to smooth organizational continuity. Two brains are better than one.
You will gain considerable knowledge of the trading and asset management space.
The Java Engineer Must have:
· 2:1 Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Chemistry degree from a Red Brick UK or EU University
· Strong A Levels – Please list them.
· Python ideally some Java
· Ideally Cloud Architecture or model deployment onto the cloud.
· An Understanding of computing fundamentals, object orientated programming, threading, concurrency and distributed systems
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing trading business at a time of significant and interesting growth within the sector. You will gain massive exposure to trading infrastructure in a trading environment as well as learning data flows from Bloomberg and how a trading floor works.
My client is based in Central London
Graduate, Junior, Scale, Java, EC2, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Java, CLoudwatch