Junior Software Engineer Hedge Fund C#
Up to £55,000
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Junior C# Software Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known global High Frequency Trading firm. They value technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record).
This is a bleeding edge role as close as it gets to the market. You will be offered an almost unlimited budget and the ability to make the right decisions in a non-bureaucratic environment.
This role is a Junior C# Developer sitting on a Systematic trading desk. Trading experience is NOT required.
This position requires close collaboration with their other software engineers in an effort to best align technical solutions with the schedules and analytic needs of various strategies.
· Develop and Expand the Widley-deployed order management System
· Problem Engineering
· Solve problems by providing level 1 and 2 application support problems
· Monitoring and reporting on the status of the systems
· Architecting new solutions
Junior C# Engineers MUST have:
· Demonstrable programming skills, ideally graduate level 2:1 or above in Computer Science or related discipline, such as Physics or Maths
o Degree not required, skill is more important
· 1+ years commercial experience using an object oriented language
o C#, experience with .Net Core an advantage
o Working knowledge of Python an advantage
· Understanding of relational database concepts and key issues in database design
· Pragmatic approach to the maintenance, refactoring and support of systems
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Itiviti, OMS, Reuters, tbricks, Linux HPC HFT Systems Infrastructure Linux, Linux, Python, Bash