Junior Software Engineer – Investment Management
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our high profile client.
The firm is an offshoot of a well known Systematic Trading Hedge Fund.
Our client is a well known SAAS technology business in the portfolio management space. Through an open architecture it places control firmly in the hands of the user. It allows Multi asset, single asset and transformational businesses can select from pre-configured or fully customised workflows.
This is an entry role and ideal introduction to the hedge fund and asset management space.
Day to Day The Software Engineer will:
• Be designing, developing, testing and deploying micro services into the cloud (AWS)
• Be supporting other business units investigating problems, querying data, and building tools for them.
• Be working in a highly collaborative, paired environment to solve complex problems.
• Be collaborating with the full engineering team to continuously improve architecture and processes.
• Prototype new concepts, features, use of technology
• Be striving towards automation as much as possible
• Review of designs/code and knowledge sharing are key to smooth organizational continuity. Two brains are better than one.
This is a junior role we are looking for potential rather than experience. You will gain considerable knowledge of the trading and asset management space.
The Java Engineer Must have:
• 2:1 Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Chemistry degree from a Red Brick UK or EU University
• Strong A Levels – Please list them.
• Some experience in software development within the enterprise space.
• An understanding of Java or another Enterprise Language
• An Understanding of computing fundamentals, object orientated programming, threading, concurrency and distributed systems
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London
Graduate, Junior, Scale, Java, EC2, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Java, CLoudwatch