Linux DevOps Specialist – Big Data Fintech
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Linux DevOps Specialist to join our high profile client.
Our client is a 30 man startup Fintech business who has created a market leading product in the financial data market. Details of the full ideas of the company are protected by a Non-Disclosure agreement but they are at the bleeding edge of not only product ideas but also technology and data manipulation.
I am looking for a Linux DevOps Specialist a successful track-record building and running a multi-site, internet-facing service. My client have a complex architecture and very high security requirements, so prior experience of this kind of environment is ideal but not required I expect someone who keeps on top of the latest technologies and who is prepared to take on the responsibility of keeping services running at all times. My client are passionate about Continuous Integration and provisioning which covers the full stack.
Development is agile and fast paced. The day begins with a short scrum at which tasks will be distributed and any road-blocks cleared. Work is test driven, with unit tests implemented first to be run in a continuous integration environment. Only then do they write code. To deliver quickly you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
The Linux DevOps Specialist will be responsible for:
• The provision and management of business-critical Linux computing systems including storage, compute and some network components across multiple sites
• In-house infrastructure development and operation in Linux
• Build and release infrastructure & automation
• Planning and engineering multi-site fail-over solutions
• Developing new capabilities in continuous deployment, data centre affinity and workload management.
Candidates Must Have:
• 4 years commercial experience with Linux CentOS , bare metal and virtualisation
• Puppet configuration management or equivalent automation experience
• Big data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
• Containers and scheduling experience (Docker, LXC, Kubernetes, Mesos)
• Strong scripting
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in London
Follow me on Twitter for more roles and news @SebFintech