Linux Platform Engineer- Fintech
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join our high profile client in their main development team.
Our client fintech start-up on a mission to disrupt the foreign exchange market, applying innovation to tap FX liquidity The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
On a day to day basis the Linux Systems Engineer will:
• Managing and engineering a global CentOS Linux platform estate in both its private and public cloud environments The globally distributed, high-available, cloud-hosted SAAS platform processes 7 billion messages per day. Some of our platforms already run on the Google Cloud Platform and we have aspiration to diversify into alternative cloud providers including AWS.
• The hosted server architecture and systems administration, which is currently CentOS running on Dell hardware. Once you have understood and reviewed the existing server architecture and production footprint, you will work closely with existing platform architect and parent company to architect, develop, implement and support a separation strategy for server infrastructure.
• You will be able to troubleshoot issues, handle incident escalations (sometimes out-of-hours) while promoting production change management processes and procedures.
• You will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
Linux Systems Engineers Must Ideally Have:
• System administration of RedHat Linux / CentOS
• Server hardware architecture
• VMware, KVM or oVirt
• Managing hosts via a framework using technologies such as Satellite, Foreman, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
• Disk interfaces, NFS, iSCSI
• Volume management and RAID
• DNS, Mail
• Server backups
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or AWS compute services
• Scripting languages – Python and Bash
• Monitoring solutions such as Collectd, Nagios, Graphite, Grafana or other
• TCP/IP and basic network troubleshooting
• Basic NAT and firewall concepts
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package.
My client is based near Covent Garden