Platform Storage Engineer
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Platform Engineer to join our high profile client.
My client is a well known international Broker. They have offices globally and are well known in the low latency and equities space.
As a Platform Storage Engineer, the person will define, design and develop plans for installation/reconfiguration, and overall management of storage systems to provide reliable, resilient and secure data warehousing and management solutions.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge of HP/Dell/NetApp storage solutions, backup software, operating systems, virtualization, hardware and related architecture, engineering and administration. They have excellent problem-solving skills and systems troubleshooting skills. The person should have passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and optimize service performance.
• Design, implement and maintain all aspects of storage, including the various tiers of storage (high-performance, low-cost, archive, backup/recovery, and disaster recovery).
• Multi-protocol [CIFS, NFS] file-based solutions
• Block-based high-performance All-Flash Arrays.
• Object-based storage
• Disk & Tape based backup solutions
• Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet organisational needs including new deployments, upgrades, performance tuning and testing.
• Implement and utilize asset inventory, configuration management database, capacity management, performance management, resource optimization, and security (access control, authorization, and accounting) for all technologies in scope.
• Define requirements, perform research, evaluate vendors/solutions, design/implement solutions, and provide ongoing support for all technologies in scope. Provide simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB’s data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
• Participate in defining and executing on a roadmap of projects that continues to raise the bar through implementing innovative technology, tools, automation, and processes.
• Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
• Administer and provide operational support and incident management for all storage infrastructures including archival and compliance. systems.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience or equivalent certifications with Storage and related hardware
• 5+ years of Linux/Windows Operating systems management and administration
• 3-5 years of experience or certifications with Commvault backup solution, deploying and managing infrastructure services and driving efficient operations
• 2+ years of experience with communicating technical value of cloud/object storage, storage gateways or cloud backups with Azure/AWS/GCS.
• 2+ years of experience with Visio to create solution diagrams.
• AWS Solutions Architect certification along with a storage certification from a major storage vendor such as HP/Dell/EMC, NetApp, Oracle or HDS
• Strong experience in managing and supporting multiple storage systems such as HP Primavera and Dell EMC storage systems, in a highly virtualized, hybrid data centres and global offices.
• Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NetApp Filers, Pure Flash array and Flash blade, Nimble, EMC ECS, Cohesity, or DAS.
• Must have experience managing, optimizing, and upgrading backup environment and its schedules strategies.
• Experience with client and server hardware/software, management tools, enterprise networking, virtualization, and/or security technologies.
• Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues.
• Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies.
• Experience automating tasks utilizing PowerShell or Python.
My client is based in London.
This role offer some remote work but this will be office based.