Python Developer – Systematic trading
6 month contract – specialist rate
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Python Developer to join our high profile global hedgefund client.
You will be joining the small London team who are creating systematic fixed income trading strategies in Python. Your role assisting the team will be crucial to the teams continuing success.
Must have requirements:
• BSc Computer Science or quantitative degree with Top Academic Grades
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals
• Expert in Python development
• Ideally in the front office and concepts of trading strategy development.
• Ideally experience sourcing market data, storing in databases, running scripts utilising market data etc
• Comfortable working with large volumes of data (aggregating and cleaning)
• Take existing code and refactor so it is more modular in structure
• Introduce version control
• Implement model prototypes of models created by other team members
• Set up Linux servers
• Create processes to run models early morning to generate log of errors
• Experience working with Python in Excel
• Experience with Quantlib/in-house analytics to expose XCCY functionality for p[ricing swaps
• Reconcile trades in-between the trade DB and what the in-house system knows
• Improve back testing
• Created frontend to send orders via FIX
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting hedgefund in the market, this is greenfield work and ideal for experienced contractors with trading experience in a similar setting.
My client is based in Mayfair, London