Senior Implementation Consultant – SQL Reference Data
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Senior Implementation Consultant to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well-known a global financial technology firm which specialises in the design and development of software in the Reference and Market Data Space.
This is a highly client facing role, requiring the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, balance priorities and competing demands requiring outstanding spoken and written communication skills.
While the role requires the applying candidates to have excellent knowledge of both Buy and Sell side capital markets workflow, it also provides an excellent exposure to a diverse array of clients – Insurance, Exchanges, Custodians, Sovereigns, Ratings agency etc.
While not a hands-on development role, the candidate should be highly confident discussing technical solutions and conversing with both Business and IT delivery leads, Architects and senior level client staff.
• Play a key role in the full IT project implementation life cycle and be capable of architecting solutions for clients based on the Product set and understand the business operations in which the solution will be used
• Lead the delivery of the solution across multiple clients in Asset Management or Sell side Bank implementations.
• Interface with Managed Service (“On Demand”) team in projects involving managed services and hosting, to ensure smooth hand offs between implementation and BAU and collaboration system upgrades.
• Be adept at problem solving through innovation, and able to make confident decisions under pressure within aggressive timeframes and accept responsibility for decisions made
• Be commercially aware and able to price implementations, manage budgets and make decisions with both project deliveries and cost considerations in mind. Draft and negotiate Statements of Work (SOWs) and will be called upon to track to completion on budget.
• Hands on team player when required, with the ability to influence and negotiate, with interpersonal skills to deal with management and staff at various levels in different geographic locations
• Provide clear feedback to Product and Development Managers where opportunities or risks are identified with core product during a project.
The role requires the candidate to work independently, and is collaborative in nature. The candidate should be adept at problem solving through innovation, making confident decisions under pressure with aggressive timeframes and have a proven track record on successfully overseeing a number of projects of differing scales.
Implementation Consultants must have:
• Minimum of 10 years total IT delivery experience across Financial Services firms or software vendors that focus on Capital Markets
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated leadership in large critical projects with commercial budget management and revenue tracking including client and stake holder management up to senior manager level
• Minimum 3 years’ experience project planning i.e. production and maintenance of project plans, steering / governance meetings and other project artifacts
• A minimum of 2 years – familiarity with Reference data management covering instrument, party and trade data
• A minimum of 2 years in team management, coaching and mentoring
• A minimum of 1 year’s experience working with offshore (preferably India) development, QA and support teams
• Project experience on data management i.e. projects involving complex data flows, centralizing disparate data sets with several data consuming downstream systems
• Project management certifications (PMP), process improvement (SIX SIGMA), experience of Agile projects
• Implementation experience on competing vendor Reference data (EDM) systems – Asset Control, Markit EDM, SmartCo/NeoXam, Bloomberg PolarLake, Broadridge Paladyne (BIMS), Indus Valley Partners, MIK funds, Eagle, Informatica, SmartStream RDU etc.
• Implementation experience on vendor front office or risk systems – Murex, Charles River, Fidessa, Calypso etc. Implementation of Best Practice within a Software Vendor
• Experience building software adapters or consuming various data vendor formats e.g. Bloomberg BackOffice, SIX Financial, Refinitiv (fka Thompson Reuters) DataScope, IDC, Moody’s, Morning Star, Fitch, Factset, and Markit etc.
• Functional exposure:
• Market data management for risk, finance, product control, IPV
• Trade data and risk sensitivity management with focus on OTC derivatives
• Financial regulatory reporting such as NCEN/NPort, EMIR, MIFID or Dodd Frank
• Portfolio, Order management or Fund Accounting
This role suits someone from a software consulting or implementation background that is looking to take on serious responsibility. We are looking for consultants who want to take ownership of products and take considerable responsibility and the bonus that goes with that.
My client is based in London City
The role requires occasional travel to Europe