Short Term Interest Rate Derivatives Trader (Junior to Mid)
RV STIR Trader
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a STIR Trader to join our high profile clients Medium Frequency IR Derivs Team.
Our client is a well-known global Prop Trading firm. They value technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record).
This is a bleeding edge role as close as it gets to the market. The firm offers market leading PnL share as well as transparent costs. (This is a paid permanent role with an established team). They have invested heavily in infrastructure and are looking to take this to market. As a smaller shop they are able to offer a considerably better share than a larger firm.
We are looking for traders with a strong derivatives background or a strong quant trading strategy.
Oversee Relative Value trading strategy by:
• Setting, monitoring and adjusting parameters
• Managing positions / our trading risk
• Evaluating the models’ performance and maximising return of capital
• Optimising desk participation in exchange market maker programs
• Teaching the strategies to the other traders on the team
• Work as part of a 24hr trading team and provide redundancy to other team members within the “Rates” business unit, when needed
STIR Traders should have:
· Experience in a Bank, Fund or Prop Shop in a successful trading team
2 years STIR Futures Trading
· Strategy ideally portable
· Academic background to match
· Strong Macro experience
· Fixed Income ideally IR Derivs or Specific Rates Knowledge
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies and traders, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
The role is City based.