Software Business Analyst – Fintech
Contract £500 PD Outside IR35
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Software Business Analyst to join our high profile client.
The Business Analyst Role has come around due to an expansion and strategic change and the Business Analyst will report in to the two owners of the business. The firm engages with individual clients as a capital markets consultancy that brings to bear its technology DNA whenever addressing an issue within the client.
The Business Analyst Will:
– Leads key stake-holders to meet the common business programme goals.
– Active requirement gathering, either in one-to-one sessions or in workshops.
– Spec writing and close partnership with the offshore development team
– Software Releases every 2 week
– Definition and prioritization of the solution behavior to meet business requirements.
– Design, definition and proposal of messaging protocol formats
– Validation of requirements with client business analysts, development and QA teams to ensure a common understanding of requirements
Our client provides independent expert advice software and remediation for front office electronic trading environments. Their clients include leading investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds. They use well-established and bespoke methodologies to deliver solutions ranging from trading platform reviews to ultra-low latency design and development of front office trading systems. Their engagements span front office engagements within Fixed Income, Equities and FX.
Business Analysts Must Have:
• 4-8 years’ experience working within software business analysis
• Experience in a Software House setting
• Experience if releases every 2 weeks
• General Skills
o The ability to follow the logical path from initiation to completion.
o Attention to detail and the ability/desire to challenge convention.
o Taking an holistic view of a problem – not just corner cases but non-core functions.
o A basic grasp of English (and an absence of jargon)
• Basic Skills (a selection of what would interest)
o Terms of Reference
o Requirements Gathering
o Process Flow Documentation
o State / Lifecycle Definition
o Gap Analysis
o Test Planning
o Data Modelling Techniques
o Analysis Documents: TOR, Requirements Specification, Functional Specification, Test Plan
My client has a family feel and traditional values but is known as by far the best low latency consultancy in the world. They have recently implemented a FIX standard for Fixed Income Trading. They have been trading for 8 years and have around 40 people in the office so personality fit is important. They are a privately owned debt and VC free entity so equity is a serious option.
My client is based in London
Business Analyst, Electronic trading consultant – FIX, Index, Benchmark, Latency, Infrastructure