SQL Developer – FinTech
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a SQL Developer to join or well known Fintech50 client who produces software disrupting the wealth management market. I am looking for a SQL developer with good all-round skills to work with and support the data migration team.
The SQL Developer will work in the data team alongside 6 analysts and the manager and will be tasked with extracting and manipulating data for cleansing and importing into my clients core product.
My client operates a number of mission critical data services – including a 3TB RAM/144 core/1.6m IOP 4 node SQL 2014 Always On cluster, Splunk and Tableau for business and operations data analytics.
On a Day to Day Basis the SQL Developer will:
• Own and iterate the coding standards for SQL development
• Promote TSQL Coding standard via various channels such as confluence, workshops and code reviews.
• Creating complex SQL queries on big data sets
• Writing code to extract and cleanse data
• Re-engineering the data migration process
• Reviewing and implementing more scalable technologies.
• Decreasing migration time
• Identify big impactful queries (either long running or high frequency) and re-write for performance gain on an on-going basis
• Responsible for reviewing new database changes and packaging change scripts
• Create, merge and drop indexes which improve system performance as whole, not just for one particular query
• Support MS SQL AlwaysOn
• Maintenance of data servers to maintain best performance.
• Maintenance of monitoring tools and resolution of issues.
• Working with other members of operations to ensure that the data environment is optimally configured.
SQL Developers should have:
• A number of years of MS SQL developing experience on Enterprise Transactional System with high throughput
• Windows /2012r2/2016/2019
• MS SQL Server 2014 + “PostgreSQL 9+
• On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for a year. You don’t have to be the only DBA or have DBA in your job description, but you should have been one of the people that the company would call if the database services stopped working.
• Experience working with developers to improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
• Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
This role suits a mid to senior SQL developer who has exposure to multiple databases and isn’t afraid to get stuck in and cause some disruption. If you are looking to gain experience of the FintTech and data space this role is for you, it’s an opportunity to make a mark on a growing FinTech business.
This is a young and dynamic team with a range of people. They look for good technical skills as well as excellent communications skills and offer the latest technology in a cutting edge market.
My client is based in Kingston Upon Thames
SQL Developer, DBA, SQL, Server Database Administrator, Infrastructure Fintech