Junior Systems Engineer- Hedge Fund
NO FINANCE EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Junior Linux Systems Engineer to join our high profile client in their main development team.
Our client is a small but well known quant hedge fund.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
On a day to day basis the Linux Systems Engineer will:
• Development and maintenance of Linux servers and desktops, VMs and containers, databases and a handful of Windows hosts
• Administration of network infrastructure including maintaining and troubleshooting routers, switches and firewalls
• Architecture and topology design with respect to our network and mutli-petabyte storage storage solutions utilising ZFS, Ceph, NVMe and other cutting edge technologies
• Work on a diverse range of projects – recent examples include utilising Open Source technologies to build our own High Availability Virtual Machine cluster and a bespoke Container creation tool
• Contribute to the development of configuration management and automation of routine tasks
• Proactively deal with monitoring alerts and help develop the monitoring platform
• Implement and adhere to system and network security
• Identify and drive best practice standards, with a focus on Open Source offerings where feasible
As requirements evolve you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
Linux Systems Engineers Must Ideally Have:
Be very comfortable with Linux, preferably with experience of Ubuntu or other Debian-based distributions, and have a genuine interest in low-level kernel fundamentals
You have experience scripting in Shell, Python or Ruby and ideally some experience with configuration management such as Puppet or Salt
You’re interested in DevOps practices and have a passion for automation
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package.
My client is based in London
Linux, perl, shell, bash, sys admin, devops, systems administrator, engineer, quant, fund, prop, fintech