Technical Project Manager
Role: Technical Project Manager
Tech: Linux, Market Data, networking
Challenge: Maintain existing systems, strategically plan for growth and as well as plan and deploy releases into production environments.
Firm: Quant Trading Firm
Pay: £85k+ Benefits + 30% bonus
Technical Project Manager
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our high-profile client.
Our client is a well-known global FCA-regulated trading firm. They focus on high frequency strategies and are considered one of the most successful businesses in the space.
The Technical Project Manager will be working with the global production engineering and architecture teams and various external parties to maintain existing systems, strategically plan for growth as well as plan and deploy releases into production environments.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing scope of software-driven projects within development, production engineering
- Gathering project requirements and preparing detailed summaries to share with Engineering, Operations and trading teams.
- Engaging, fostering and managing strong relationships between internal and external project resources
- Managing prioritisation and execution of projects, including tracking key decision making, deliverables and reporting on project progress through the project life cycle (Initiation, approved and Current, completed)
- Generating and maintaining accurate project documentation
- Leading the design, development and deployment of work plans and producing the required tasks, resources and schedule for complex projects.
- Escalating project and task anomalies and correcting problems identified during projects
- Facilitating the management of expectations for trading teams and management.
- Planning and coordinating activities for physical work in a data centre (physical hardware and network installations)
·Coordinating with various teams to manage shipments and equipment orders
·Meeting with trading teams regularly to understand their growth plans.
The ideal Project Manager is comfortable rolling their sleeves up and getting things done. They will also have experience with scheduling and reporting to external clients.
Project Managers must have: (Below also shows tech stack)
- Project management experience withing a technical capacity in finance
- Technical and Financial background and ability to speak with developers
- Experience with market data and general concepts for networking and server configurations
- Familiarity with data bases such as MySQL
- Knowledge of programming (Java or C++)
- Excellent time management skills, including exceptional attention to detail and meticulous organisation
- A passion for technology and maintaining a competitive edge.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels of the organisation including experience distilling technical information for consumption by senior management
- Colo data centre design a big plus
This is a unique opportunity for someone to expand further into financial technology. You should be driven and interested to gain some serious financial experience. This is a bleeding edge business so if you can make a usability case they will buy it.
My client is based in London
Project Manager, PM, BA, Business Analysis