Technical Scrum Master
£85,000 Plus Bonus 1 Day a week in the office
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Scrum Master with an excellent technical pedigree to work for our high profile investment management vendor.
Our client is a well known global wealth management HFT software business. They provide valuations and pricing of derivatives to most of the buy side as well as wealth management software for a large number of global firms.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
The role being recruited is for a Scrum Master but essentially with strong technical background in modern tech stacks (primarily MEAN stack). They will perform the Scrum Master role for two Development scrum teams based in London.
The teams utilise agile methodologies to build solutions to enhance and expand the product suite in alignment with the team vision. The development team is responsible for all aspects of change to the product, from the development through to the ongoing maintenance and technical support as well as technical support for Sales opportunities. We work closely with other delivery functions from the Product Management teams through to Professional Services and Support to ensure that the client experience is optimal.
Day to Day Scrum Masters will:
• Lead the agile development process (Scrum) and utilise engineering practices where necessary.
• Implement and refactor code in accordance with agreed coding and quality standards, be fully aware of technical debt. Experience with code quality analysis tools
• Continuous integration, check-in frequently, resolve build and test failures immediately and adhere to design and coding standards.
• Practice test-driven development using automated (unit & integration) tests prior to build code to whilst maintain high and effective test coverage
• Collaborate with Product Owners (PO) to manage backlogs and new feature requests.
• Collaborate with PO and Quality Assurance (QA) to help in the definition of user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases such that they can be worked upon by the development team.
• Collaborate with UI/UX team to make recommendations and drive design decisions.
• Lead design and technical workshop discussions, story definition, planning and estimation sessions.
Scrum Masters Must Have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
Demonstrable knowledge and application of Agile methodologies as both developer and Scrum Master
Previous experience as a Software Developer
Experience in designing and developing user interfaces using best practices, following defined standards and guidelines
Proven ability to work analytically and creatively in a problem-solving environment
My client is based in West London (KT6) this role will be remote 4 days a week.