Windows Linux Sys Admin
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Systems Administrator with Windows and Linux skills to join our high profile client.
Our client is a $10 billion strong Hedge fund with performance figures of 18%.
You will be joining a cutting edge technology for a top quantitative Investment Manager. Success is founded on the application of the scientific method in investment analysis, algorithmic model generation and portfolio construction coupled with an innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
Responsibilities of the Windows Linux Sys Admin:
• Maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization ▪
• Install, maintain and upgrade, user computer hardware components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
• Maintain and support Server and Network related hardware, working knowledge of Hardware Administration (Servers physical hardware, network switches and storage enclosures )
• Managing and Supporting Office 365 environment, Installing and configuring, provisioning, maintaining and supporting users in regards to office 365 environment.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Assist with maintaining documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
• Implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including working knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Systems Administrators MUST have:
2-5 years of experience and Sound knowledge of administrating Windows Server environments and / or Linux system administration experience
Experience with Cloud services (Azure, Office 365 )
Working knowledge of helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including working knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Working knowledge of virtualization technologies, VMWare, or equivalent
Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
Experience with scripting and automation tools
Candidates should have a practical approach to solving complex problems, experience of handling large datasets (preferably real world data) and the ability communicate ideas/results clearly to colleagues.
This is a very specific role and candidates will be rewarded significantly if they can demonstrate the above skill set
My client is based in Cyprus
RELOCATION is offered.
Linux, Windows, Quantitative Analytics