AWS Cloud Engineer
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a AWS Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a recently acquired financial technology business who is currently taking the factoring and invoicing market by storm. This is a brand new project to create an e-factoring platform and CRM system from scratch.
The primary focus will be the support of new & existing technologies deployed in an AWS cloud. The Platform and Infrastructure team are a tight knit group who will work with you ensure that all current and future IT platforms are designed right, built right and managed in a controlled and secure fashion.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
AWS Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day effectiveness, and security of AWS hosted platforms
- Project resource to technical projects including knowledge transfer to other internal support teams with operational responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expert advice to the internal support and development teams
- Identify opportunities to remove cost, complexity and instability from our cloud infrastructure
- Ensure that all cloud systems and services are fully monitored, secure and available.
- Ensure effective levels of security is designed and implemented into all core IT technologies
- Comply with Company polices and procedure processes such as change control and release management
- Support the major incident process and problem management to ensure root causes of issues are identified and that effective mitigations are applied
- Provide out of hours support to major incidents as part of an on call service
As an AWS Engineer you will have:
- Demonstrable expertise in operational support and design of AWS hosted IaaS/SaaS platforms and services
- Demonstrable experience with automation platforms such as Cloud Formation and Ansible (or similar)
- Demonstrable expertise in system administration of Linux and Microsoft technologies, including the patching, securing and monitoring of such systems.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline management
- Detailed knowledge of networking infrastructure, communication protocols and security is desirable
- Demonstrable expertise in web delivered application topologies, including IIS and related technologies
- Detailed knowledge of IT Operations processes and tools appropriate to cloud service delivery
- Demonstrable experience in infrastructure and service monitoring solutions, including opensource, ideally Zabbix
My client is based in Central London, this role is Remote but will require Office work 1 day a week.